LIGHT NIGHT: CONNECTING COMMUNITIES
Light Night is also designed as a partnership between business and city centres. The Light Night business partnership represents a new way for business to work with local authorities and Partnerships. The aim is to give business a platform to prove how innovative and imaginative they can be. Light Night literally gives business the room within a city centre to control a space and produce marketing that breaks the boundaries of traditional communication and re focuses the brand on the consumer.
The Light Night Exchange Network
A Light Night network for the founding members has been meeting for the past year and was established following a study tour to Como, Italy in 2007. It has now been decided to formalise the group, invite other locations to join and provide a service to locations wishing to hold a Light night.
BENEFITS OF Joining the Network
Light Night website
The website has the following features:
- Dedicated webpage for each Light Event/Location
- Calendar of Events
- Members intranet with Bulletin Board
- Directory of participants: artists, installations light engineers, event organisers etc.
- Online photo library
- Knowledge Bank containing case studies, reports, sample funding applications and more.
The Founding Members of the Light Night group continue to meet. Those locations that are undertaking a Light Night event will be welcome to join the group at its regular meetings.
To become a Light Night location you must agree to observe 5 key principles:
- Light Night is a cultural event, open to all with no admission charge
- It favours community engagement in all its forms; arts, sports, music, social and voluntary groups and performances
- Light Night uses public spaces in all their aspects
- Light Night is an opportunity for promoting local opportunity and activity
- Light Night encourages inter-exchange between towns & cities